Did you recently installed Windows 7 on your Mac Book Pro and experience problems while watching movies or YouTube videos? This problem is comming from your audio drivers. It seems that whenever you play something on your laptop and because the microphone is always open your sound card is trying to eliminate noise and this causes audiodg.exe to use some times more than 30% of the CPU.
So here is what you have to do to be able to use your laptop with no problem!
Disabling Audio Effects
In order to fix the high CPU usage, I disabled the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, use the following steps:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
- Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
- Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
- From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
- Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
- Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
Once I disabled the enhancements, the movie played without any issues. I also didn’t notice any difference in sound with the enhancements disabled. If I do want to use sound enhancements, I’ll stick to the the options provided in the application. Something else you could try is disable the microphone if you do not use it, although I have not tested this myself.